Friday, July 27, 2012

Tournament results!




Heyah!

Yeah, I'm a bit lazy again. :(

My team partner and I actually won the tournament and even though it was a small one we were pretty happy.

I played against: Necrons, 2x Grey Knights and Dark Eldar

I'll shortly summarize my games:

Game 1 - Necrons
 - Lord with command barge, destroyer lord in a couple of phantoms and about 4 troop choices
 - Mission was killpoints with an objective in our own deployment zone.

I've never played against Necrons, so I tried what every GK would do - shoot him to bits.
In turn 2 or 3 I finally realized thats not gonna happen and after I tied KP-wise, my troops hid behind a building in range of my objective.

Result: 5:5

Game 2 - Grey Knights
 - 2 Inquisitors with grenades, 2 Stormravens, 2x5 Terminatorsquads and a Psyfleman
 - Mission was table quarters

He hid his Terminators behind a great LoS blocker and wanted to tie the game by holding 2 quarters.
I decided to split all my GKSS's into 5 man squads and let 3 of them deep strike.
To be honest, not much happened here, both SR came in turn 2 and I shot both down in the same... he was a bit unlucky though. One SR survived my combined shooting with 1 hull point but ultimately destroyed himself as he attempted to repair himself -> snake eyes.
Afterwards, I simply took advantage of this situation and forced him to act with his Terminators, which I shot to bits.

Result: 8:2 in my favor

Game 3 - Grey Knights
 - 1 Malleus Inquisitor, 3x10 GKSS with ammunition, 3 Psyfleman
 - Mission was fight for the center (everything fully in 12" of the table center would award 1 point, every troop choice would award 2)

Pretty hard game. His list was obviously better suited for a mission like this. (More troops, more dakka > 24") The premeasuring killed the fun and the game for us. We spend like 15 minutes every turn to measure the exact distances between all units, so no one could shot with his Grey Knights... exciting! Oh wait...
Another problem was the LoS blocker which was pretty much in the center as well. So both armies hid behind that little bunker, shot a little and waited for the end.
I've to admit that I made some mistakes, I've realized way to late that vehicles would award points and I've chosen the wrong table edge to begin with.
Luckily my opponent wasn't even able to kill my rhino with one of his psyflemen, which ultimately awarded me 1 more point at the end.

Result: 3:7

Game 4 - Dark Eldar

- 1 Haemonculus, 3x5 Wrecks w/ venoms, Warriors w/ venom, bigger unit of Reavers, Wyches(?) w/ Raider, 2(?) Ravagers - I'm not quite sure about this list, I'm most likely missing or mixing something up. :(
- Mission was to hold up to 5 objectives

I gave him the first turn and decided to split one of my strike squads, to make use of deep strike again.
My plan was to turn the game into a war of attrition, knowing that my units a way more durable in the later turns than his.
Everything worked out quite fine, except 5 Knights getting stuck in close combat against some Reavers or a single wreck holding an objective... to bad the game ended after turn 5. :/

Result: 6:4 in my favor

My team partner won 3 games and lost 1, if I'm not mistaken, Necrons are freakin' beasts!
Concerning 6th edition, it's fun but the wound allocation is pretty much messed up. Dakka seems very important and flyers aren't that durable except that you only can hit them on a 6. (but with enough dakka and/or sync'd weapons you can work around this problem)

Sadly there won't be any tournaments for me the next month, everyone is busy and I have to finish 2 more exams. :/
But there will be a test game or 2 and I could show you my painting progress... we'll see!

See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment